Northcentral Mississippi Electric Power Association, an electric distribution cooperative in northwest Mississippi serving 30,600 members, is currently accepting applications for:
Human Resource Specialist
This position will provide support for the Human Resource Department with payroll administration, employee development, record retention, recruiting, business travel and various projects within the Human Resource Department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, Education or related field required. Human Resource and Payroll experience strongly preferred. Effective communication skills required. Frequent presentations to groups of all sizes will be required in this position. Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required. Experience with graphic design software preferred.
I. Introduction: The purpose of this position is to provide support for the Human Resource Department with employee development, payroll administration, record retention, recruiting, business travel and various projects within the Human Resource Department.
II. Supervisor: Human Resource Coordinator
III. Knowledge/Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, Education or related field.
- Human Resource & Payroll experience strongly preferred. C. Maintain confidentiality, position will work with employee personal information.
- Strong/effective communication skills. Will make presentations to groups of all sizes. E. Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and other graphic design software.
- Ability to work effectively with all personality types.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, be self-motivated and work with little supervision.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish the task given.
IV. Duties & Responsibilities:
A. Essential Functions:
1. Payroll Processing and Administration
• Payroll entry, assists and enters payroll time for processing
• Generates and verifies payroll reporting for accurate processing
2. Assist with the employee development training function within Northcentral. Functional areas include leadership/supervision, employee development, policy/procedure, change management and technology.
• Work with Department Heads, or their contact, to help develop training program goals that address the training needs of each functional area.
• Work with departmental contacts and vendors to determine the best options for presentation of training.
• Work with departments to effectively implement identified training needs.
• Assist with scheduling training programs to work around departmental needs.
• Help determine system to evaluate training effectiveness across all departments.
• Maintain and update training information system to track employee progress of individual training plan and generate reports to management detailing the training effectiveness.
• Proactive approach to determining Northcentral’s future training needs and work with management to ensure direction of training program.
• Assist with preparation of annual training budget.
3. Responsible for Northcentral record retention program.
• Work with different departments to determine record retention requirements and create documentation to this affect.
• Work to determine document imaging options to increase space and more efficient retrievability and dispose of documents not needed.
• Work with all departments to remain abreast of changes in record retention requirements.
4. Northcentral business travel contact
• Verify “Request for Travel” form is completed and adheres to Northcentral travel policy.
• Work with individual employees to efficiently and cost effectively arrange travel to various conference, training, meetings, etc.
• Secure travel request made and communicate to the employee travel arrangements.
• Create system for documenting and tracking employee travel.
• Recommend improvements in the process.
5. Assist Human Resource Coordinator in maintaining Human Resource SharePoint site.
• Help determine relevant information for SharePoint site and update accordingly.
6. Northcentral contact for Career Fairs with outside organizations (Schools, Chamber of Commerce, etc.)
• Work with Marketing to develop career presentations and literature to give out to participants.
• Work with outside contacts to schedule Northcentral employees across all departments to assist with career fairs. Create an annual career fair schedule.
B. Non-Essential Functions:
1. Performs other duties as required.
V. Physical Demands:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Application Deadline: Application form packet with resumes must be received in the Northcentral Electric office no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, April 27th, 2018.
Forms may be picked up at our office located at 4600 Northcentral Way, Olive Branch, Miss. or below.
Form Packet consists of the following forms:
Northcentral Electric Employment Application (Online PDF)
Consumer Disclosure Background Authorization Form (Online PDF)
Self Identification Status (Online PDF)
Disability Self Identification Status (Online PDF)
Completed application packets, including resumes and Consumer Disclosure Background Authorization Form, may be returned to Northcentral Electric by any of the following ways:
In Person: To our Administration Building located at 4600 Northcentral Way, Olive Branch, Miss.
By Mail: Northcentral MS Electric Power Association
Attn: Mark Nichols
P.O. Box 405
Byhalia, MS 38611
By Email: email@example.com
Northcentral Mississippi Electric Power Association is an equal opportunity employer and recruits, advertises, employs, promotes, transfers, disciplines, and discharges without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.